WCC is committed to providing its customers (club members) and tour/event participants with privacy and confidentiality of personal information, subject to the Privacy Act. WCC will make all reasonable attempts to gather only enough information to satisfy the needs of our club members and tour/event participants for identification purposes in relation to their custom, membership or their participation in a WCC tour or event.
Collection of personal information is limited to allow WCC to better deliver services that contribute to our mission of increasing cycling. WCC will not sell or license information collected, and stored on our database, to any third party.
WCC collects information
- Directly from the member or tour/event participant by phone
- In person at a ride/tour/event
- By mail in a written application form
- Via faxed application form
- Via online forms and email
WCC typically records
- Name and address
- Date of birth
- Email address
- Telephone and fax numbers
- Cycling attire, t-shirt or similar clothing size - when applicable
- Preference of meal type and special dietary requirements - when applicable
- Emergency contact details/person
We consider this to be the minimum amount of information that we need to collect to provide the level of service our club members and riders require for their individual and collective cycling needs.
Use of information
The personal information collected will be used in order to:
- Provide the level of service members and ride participants require
- Administer and manage those services
- Mail to members at the address on file, regular correspondence (e.g. newsletter)
- Inform members, riders and volunteers of forthcoming events or matters concerning their event participation and other WCC activities
- Better understand the needs of members and event participants in order to effectively respond to those needs
- Provide secondary parties with the relevant details relating only to members' and riders' agreement to participate in a programme run by that secondary party
- Our professional advisers, including auditors, lawyers and insurers, to the extent necessary for them to carry out their legal requirements
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, if required by law
Information is stored in compliance with current legislation in both original and electronic form. All reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the information is kept secure and that access is restricted to the person it relates to and those who require access to perform the function required by the member or event participant only.
Security of information
WCC takes all reasonable precautions to protect information of members and event participants.
Access to information
Access to information provided by members and riders is restricted to people who need to use it to ensure WCC’s services are delivered effectively. In essence this means that access to information is limited to WCC employees and approved volunteers who are engaged to assist in the preparation and operation of WCC’s services.
Members or event participants may edit or change their own personal recorded information on application to WCC. Information will be removed if requested by the member or event participant as long as its removal does not breach any legal requirements or essential operational needs of WCC.
If you have any questions in relation to privacy you can email to the Privacy Officer at WCC firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated: 5 June 2015